Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Artist

Despite all the Oscar buzz The Artist has been getting, I really didn't know much about it, other than the fact that it was silent.  Now having seen it, I really don't understand why it's getting so much buzz.  The Artist takes place in the late 1920's/early 1930's, a time when silent film was beginning to decline and to be replaced with "talkies."  It mainly focuses on the crossover stories of silent film actor George Valentin and "talkie" actress Peppy Miller.  I mostly enjoyed watching this movie, but was left with a feeling of "so what?" after it was over.

I saw The Artist two days ago and still haven't though of much to say about it, so instead of trying to eke out a review of this movie I really didn't have much feeling about one way or the other, I'm going to direct you to this other review that my husband found, which sums up both of our feelings pretty well:

http://somecamerunning.typepad.com/some_came_running/2011/12/the-artist.html

So go!  Read!  Enjoy!  And in case you're wondering, my rating is a 6/10.  Meh.  But if you ask me, George's dog was the best part of the movie and deserves a 10/10 for his supporting actor role.

No comments:

Post a Comment