Sunday, January 1, 2012

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol

Technically, I saw this movie yesterday so it was still 2011, but what the heck, I'm using it for my inaugural 2012 movie review.


Somehow, I made it to the ripe old age of 30 without seeing a single Mission: Impossible film.   But that all changed yesterday!  In general, action movies don't hold much appeal for me - actually, that's not really true.  I always *think* that I don't like action movies but I generally enjoy them if I bite the bullet and actually watch one.  Which was exactly the case here.  I found yesterday's movie enjoyable to watch, even though a lot of the high-tech stuff went over my head and I didn't really understand what they were going to be doing until I actually watched them do it.  It was a fun, exciting story that kept me interested throughout the over two-hour run time, with decent acting and lots of tense moments that made me gasp.  All in all, I give it a 7.5 out of 10.

NOTE: there is no science or true criteria behind my 10-point scale; I rate merely based on emotions, which is, I guess, why I am not a professional film critic.  Also, I'm hoping my film analysis skills improve throughout the year.

Cheers, and happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment