Friday, May 25, 2012

OK, clearly I've been slacking...

...but that is mainly because I just haven't been watching many movies lately!  We've had a couple of busy weekends and then we've been catching up on TV during the weeks so I've only seen two movies in the past few weeks.  Here they are.

The Avengers
 











Ehh, not my cup of tea.  Granted, I hadn't seen any of the origin movies because THOSE aren't really my cup of tea either (except for both Ironman movies, which I mostly slept through and then promptly forgot).   So I was kind of confused about who these superheroes were and where they came from, and I also found the details of the plot too complex.  And it was too long.  There were some cool fight scenes, though.  The Avengers is one of those movies where I totally see why other people love it (i.e. boys who like comics), but it's just not for me.  6 out of 10.


Another Earth


I really enjoyed this one, though it wasn't what I was expecting at all.  I thought it was going to be super science-fictiony, but it wasn't.  It's the story of a young woman and a middle-aged man, whose paths cross following a tragic accident which takes place on the night a duplicate Earth is discovered.  Interesting story with complex, likeable yet flawed characters.  Really good movie.  9 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment