Friday, June 29, 2012

A Lonely Place to Die


British thriller about a group of mountain climbers who discover a young girl buried underground and take it upon themselves to rescue her - while being pursued by the girl's kidnappers.  Let's just say their rescue attempts don't go so well, and leave it at that.

I thought A Lonely Place to Die was a well-made thriller, and it kept me on the edge of my seat with lots of tension-filled scenes.  I sort of equate it with Eden Lake, which I watched a few months back - people doing things in the wilderness who get in over their heads.  And same as with Eden Lake, I am comforted by the fact that I am not an outdoorsy person, so the chances that I will discover a young girl buried underground whilst hiking on a mountain are pretty slim.  And if, by some chance, I should find myself in that situation, I now know that I should probably just leave there.  Just kidding.  Maybe.  8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment