Friday, October 12, 2012

Paper Moon


This one has been on the "to be watched" pile for as long as the "to be watched" pile has existed.  Well, it's one of my husband's favorites but I had never seen it, so it was actually in the "Movies that PJ wants Abbie to watch" pile.  We even have an enormous poster of it in our bedroom, so it was time to give it a shot.  PJ guaranteed that I'd give it an 8.

And?  He was right.  Ryan O'Neal stars as Moses Pray, a traveling scam artist of sorts.  He finds an unlikely partner in crime in Addie, played by Tatum O'Neal, a 9-year old whose mother has just died, who may or may not have been his daughter.  The plot didn't necessarily appeal to me, but I actually really liked it.  Their interplay was charming and funny to watch, and Tatum O'Neal was just hilarious.  I refuse to spend anymore time reviewing a classic.  So - 8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment