Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Damien: Omen II


When fall rolls around, I feel like watching scary movies more often than I do the rest of the year.  Last night we watched Damien: Omen II.  We watched the original awhile back (probably around last Halloween).  The original The Omen is the story of a young boy who is the devil, and Damien: Omen II picks back up with young Damien as a 12-year old boy living with his uncle in Chicago.  He lives a mostly normal life and attends boarding school and appears not to know of his true identity.  He learns who he is, while many of those around him meet their untimely demise.

I always struggle reviewing movies that are older than I am, because there's nothing I can say that hasn't been said before.  So I'll just say it was a decent scary movie that at times felt like a Final Destination movie due to the creative and terrible ways in which some of those people die.  Not life-changing by any means but a fun movie to watch on a fall evening.  6 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment