Sunday, April 22, 2012

DVDs that I'm too lazy to review

Watched a couple movies on DVD this week but I am tired and don't feel like writing full reviews.

The Year My Voice Broke - coming-of-age story of an awkward Australian teenage boy and his childhood friend.  Nice, touching movie - felt very realistic.  8 out of 10.

A Nightmare on Elm Street - somehow, I'd never seen any of the Nightmare movies.  Fun, scary flick although there were some logistical holes I fixated on (i.e. How does a teenage girl rig her entire house with booby traps, put her drunken mother to bed, and fall into a deep dreaming sleep all within the span of 20 minutes? And also, if there was really a killer in the neighborhood that the parents banded together and killed, wouldn't the neighborhood kids have heard about him before?).  Enjoyable nonetheless, with interesting commentary from director Wes Craven and many of the actors.  7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment