Sunday, April 29, 2012

Laura



I have an innate prejudice against "old" movies (usually meaning anything prior to the 1970's or so) which I know drives my husband mad.  I know it's narrow-minded and silly of me.  So, I wasn't exactly pumped to go see Laura last week.  But I really enjoyed it.

Laura is a film noir about the murder investigation of a beautiful, charismatic young woman named Laura, who was shot in the face when she opened the door to her apartment.  The detective spends the next few days trying to make sense of what happened by interviewing her wealthy mentor, her smarmy fiance, and her wealthy aunt.

I feel kind of silly reviewing this, since this is considered one of the top films in history, so what can I say that hasn't been said already more eloquently and intelligently?  But I thought Laura was great - well-made, interesting, and the story kept me guessing until the very end.  9 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment